US Student Financial Aid
London South Bank University (LSBU) participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loans). This is the main U.S. Federal funding available to U.S. students in the UK.
To begin the loan process, complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and selecting London South Bank University as one of your school options. LSBU’s Direct Loan federal code is G33523 (or 03352300).
If you intend to borrow Federal Direct Loans or Private Sallie Mae loans please download and read the US Loans Student Manual (PDF 235KB) and follow the instructions.
We will not know you wish to apply for a loan until you submit the documents detailed in the Handbook to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Eligibility for Direct Loans
Most programmes at LSBU are eligible for Direct loans, however some are not. Ineligible programmes include:
- All non-degree programmes
- Distance learning programmes
- Programmes based in the School of Health and Social Care at the Havering Campus
- Programmes funded by the National Health Service (NHS)
In addition, students undertaking a study-abroad or work placement semester/year for any programme type are not eligible to receive US loans for this period.
- To ensure that you remain eligible for your loans, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Please read LSBU’s policy on this.
- You must download and read the US Loans Student Manual before applying for loans.
- Your Cost of Attendance worksheet for 2019/20 can be downloaded here.
- If you are expecting funds in excess of your LSBU fees, please complete the Bank Details Confirmation letter (PDF 126KB) and return it to the International Finance Office in the Admissions and Recruitment Centre (ARC).
- For information on the procedures for withdrawal, please read the Return to Title IV Fund Procedure (R2T4).
- For information on penalties associated with drug-related offences, please read the Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations.
- For additional information on Federal Aid please go to the following links: studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ and www.fafsa.ed.gov
- For additional information on the Smart Option Student (Sallie Mae) Loan, please go to www.salliemae.com
- For further information about US Loans at LSBU please contact email@example.com