If you have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), we're here to make sure there aren't barriers to your study.
What we do
- Assess the support needs of prospective and current students and agree reasonable adjustments based on the assessment (including arrangements for exams)
- Create an individual support arrangements form and coordinate support in partnership with academic and support staff
- Offer advice and guidance on assistive software, equipment, and access to information
- Signpost students to other relevant support services both within and outside of the university
- Provide screenings if you think you may have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or dyspraxia
- Offer advice and support on applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA)
- Help coordinate support awarded through Disabled Students’ Allowances, including non-medical helpers such as note-takers, study skills tutors, and mentors
- Provide ongoing assistance and training to academic staff working with students with disabilities
- Help to raise awareness of disability among students and staff – we’d love to hear from you if you have an idea or a suggestion!
Register for support
You can register with us at any time during your studies (but there are deadlines for exam support, so don't leave it too late).
How to get in touch
All students have a MyAccount, which you can log into using your usual LSBU username and password. Use your MyAccount to ask us a question or book a confidential meeting (phone or video call) with a Disability Advisor. Support arrangements still apply whilst you study remotely and the team are available Mon-Fri 8.30-5.00pm to answer your queries. Find out more about MyAccount.